During the warmer summer months we often like to eat lighter meals. This easy recipe for black bean and corn salad has all the nutrition to make it a meal or you can pair it with grilled chicken or Mexican entrees. The lime juice and cilantro give it a nice kick and a light, fresh flavor. If you like things hot, add some diced or sliced jalapeno peppers to the mix.
This salad is plant-based, gluten-free, low fat and bursting with nutrition. Oh, and it tastes REALLY good too!
I found this recipe from the folks at Bush Beanss and made a few tweaks to it to suit our taste.
• 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
• 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
• 1 avocado – peeled, pitted and diced
• 1 red bell pepper, chopped
• 2 tomatoes, chopped
• 6 green onions, thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
1. Place lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and cumin in a small jar. Cover with lid, and shake until ingredients are
2. In a salad bowl, combine beans, corn, avocado, bell pepper, tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro. Shake lime dressing, and pour it
over the salad. Stir salad to coat vegetables and beans with dressing, and serve.